RELATED: At Christmas time, I visited B Bakery for their "Festive Afternoon Tea". If pink and girly isn't your vibe, maybe you're better suited to this one! And you can read all about it here!The Caviar Man Shortly after the arrival of the teas, "The Caviar Man" paid us a visit. A man dressed in a funky pink suit presented us with a small dollop of caviar along with an egg concoction with cheese bread sticks. I don't eat fish, so struggle with the concept of caviar and didn't eat this - but I would have happily taken more of the cheese bread sticks! Sandwhiches Then came the big moment - the arrival of the sandwich/pastries on the classic three tiered cake stand. The sandwiches on offer were duck egg and mayonnaise, coronation chicken, smoked salmon and Jacob's cream and finally a tomato chutney, lettuce and mayonnaise concoction. As I don't eat fish, I swapped the smoked salmon sandwich for an extra coronation chicken slice which was the BEST IDEA EVER. Of the four sandwiches on offer, the coronation chicken was without a doubt the winner and I'm dribbling a bit just thinking about it.. Petits Gateaux There was not a single cake on this plate that I didn't enjoy (and I STILL say that I don't have a sweet tooth - maybe I need to reevaluate that). The beauties on offer in this sitting were -
- Malabar Marshellow - while an unusual addition in an afternoon tea, these were amazing. Amy and I actually ordered another 8 of the marshmellows to nibble on while we continued chatting - they were so addictive!
- Blueberry and vanilla choux - the blueberry was a gorgeous twist on a normal choux pastry, I loved it.
- Strawberry tart - a great classic and cutely presented with a little flower decoration.
- Apricot and rosemary cheesecake - this cheesecake was served in a mousse format and was probably my least favourite of the bunch but still blimmin' lovely!
- Chocolate caramel gateaux - Chocolate is without a doubt, my biggest weak spot, so I absolutely loved this. Despite being so rich in flavour, the cake itself was really light, which is perfect when there are so many other cakes to try!
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post and all thoughts are my own.