Where photos are not my own, the watermark shows the credited author. Please click on the photo to view the original source.
Working in London means I take it for granted and don’t go out of my way to enjoy what the city has to offer. I rarely visit London at the weekends seeing as I have to do the 3 hour round commute every week day already! However, London is the perfect place during Winter (despite the bitterly cold weather).
So in an attempt to get myself out and exploring this beautiful city, here is the ultimate Winter London Bucket List!
- Visit the ultimate Christmas London destination – Hyde Park Winter Wonderland
- See the Covent Garden decorations because who doesn’t love a giant reindeer?
- Ice skating at Somerset House (once I stop being a wuss)
- See the amazing window displays on Oxford Street
- Eat festive treats at Borough Market (… and the non festive treats… JUST EAT EVERYTHING)
- Explore the lights of Kew Garden After Dark
- See a Christmas show on the West End – Cinderella pantomime anyone?
- Stumble across Christmas Markets
- Take a frosty walk around the many parks – who knows, you might be lucky and get snow!
- See Trafalgar Square’s giant Christmas tree (which apparently resembles a gerkin this year lol)
- Grab a mulled wine… or two!
- Splurge on loved ones in Harrods and Hamley’s for the little ones!
- Curl up in a cosy English pub to escape the cold because there’s nothing better than a hearty pub lunch!
- Treat yo’self to a luxury Christmas decoration from Liberty (and then cry when it comes out of the loft broken next year)
- Explore the WHOLE Christmas floor at Selfridges (and probably the other floors too, just for good measure)
- If Somerset House isn’t your cup of tea, head to Canary Wharf for futuristic skating surrounded by skyscrapers
- Experience a luxury Fortnum and Mason Christmas Hamper
- Go for a festive afternoon tea
- Get squished in the crowds watching the New Years Eve fireworks
- Eat your way through the Taste of London Festive Festival (which is stupidly in November and I have now missed)
- Go behind the scenes of the films and visit the Harry Potter Studios for “Hogwarts in the Snow”
- Hit the Boxing Day sales (… if you’re brave)
- Drink in a rooftop WigWam surrounded by Winter Nordic Viking decor at Queen of Hoxton
- Shop, eat and Drink at the Southbank Winter Market
- Test your cold threshold by taking a drink at The Ice Bar
- Just explore and enjoy all of the pretty twinkly lights!
RELATED: Want to see my all-year round London bucket list? Be sure to read this!
I absolutely love the city at this time of year and definitely want to take a trip one weekend in December – is there anything else you love doing in London?
Also, I’m heading to Toronto this Winter, recommendations for Toronto are welcomed! 🙂
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post and all thoughts are my own.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin